Thursday, March 10, 2011

Quiet & Simple & Real

Quiet and Simple and Real

is the opposite of .......

Loud, Complicated and Fake.

I want my walk with the Lord Jesus to be Quiet, Real, and without complexities and distractions.

Personally I find today's church experiences to be far too loud, fake and complicated. It's as though they want to awaken the flesh and not the Spirit with the noise and distractions. The current church experience gives zero time to quiet prayer. The public address systems are obnoxious and unnecessary.

Servanthood begins with a quiet walk with the Lord of lords.

"If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also." John 12;26

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. You shall keep them, O Lord, You shall perserve them from this generation forever." Ps 12:6-7

2 comments:

Trish said...

I agree with you!
My hubby and I have left services because the music was so loud it hurt our ears!
There's generally too much noise and stimulation in life these days..and sadly the church has absorbed much of it too :-(
I love to sit in silence in a church sanctuary and listen for His voice.
blessings..Trish

clevsea said...

I left one service because I was sure I was getting a headache from the noise level.

We attend an un-programmed service now and it is much quietier. I do think it could be even more quiet.

The sense of peace we can get from silence and having the time to seek the Lord is wonderful.

I know we can do this in our homes but it's very nice to meet with other believing people.