Sunday, April 3, 2011

Follow Me, I'll lead you home








Follow Me; I'll lead you home
David Meece 1977
A simple banjo song of faith
You can hear a snippet on David Meece dot com
Look for "I just Call on You."


Thought I knew which way to go
Down that long and winding road
I thought no matter how the wind might blow
I could make it on my own

But the storm winds grew so cold
When the night began to fall
I fell down frightened in that dusty road
When I heard a distant call

Refrain:
Follow me, I’ll lead you home
I’ve been down this road before
There’s no need for you to be alone
I’ll lead the way – you tag along


So I walked on through the rain
Though my spirit rocked and tossed
Friend I couldn’t see a thing
But I knew He wasn’t lost
When the skies began to clear
All my worries disappeared
He pointed to a cross upon a hill
Then He turned so I could hear

Follow me I’ll lead you home
I’ve been down this road before
There’s no need for you to be alone
Just follow me – I’ll lead you home

No comments: